Terms and Conditions
01. Terms of Reference
For the purposes of the terms and conditions herein, the term:
- "Organiser" refers to Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad.
- “Conference” refers to the emPOC2023 Conference (including Exhibition, Welcome Reception and Golf Challenge and any other event organised in conjunction with the emPOC conference.)
- “Conference Date” refers to 4 and 5 September 2023.
- “Conference Fees” refers to the fees payable for the Conference as indicated in the Conference registration form.
- “Conference Venue” refers to the Imperial Hotel Kuching, Sarawak for the conference, and the venues for the Golf Challenge and any other event organised.
02. Registration for Conference
The submission of the Conference registration form shall be deemed as an acceptance of the terms and conditions herein by the delegate. The registration procedure is complete only when the Conference registration form and payment of the Conference Fees are received by the Organiser. Delegates who have successfully registered will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Organiser.
If the delegate is unable to attend the Conference, a substitute delegate is welcomed at NO extra charge provided written notification is given to the Organiser no later than 24 August 2023.
03. Conference Fees and Payment
- Full payment of the Conference Fees is required upon submission of the Conference registration form. The Conference Fees are inclusive of service tax which shall be payable together with the Conference Fees. Confirmation of registration is only upon receipt of full payment.
- All Conference registration forms and payment MUST reach the emPOC2023 Secretariat by 24 August 2023. The Organiser reserves the right to reject any registration forms and payment that are submitted after this deadline.
- Payment may be made by corporate/company cheque or bank draft made payable to BURSA MALAYSIA DERIVATIVES BERHAD. Payment by way of telegraphic transfers and credit cards are also permissible and a copy of the bank-in slip for payment by way of telegraphic transfer must be emailed to [email protected]
Details of BURSA MALAYSIA DERIVATIVES BERHAD
Account Name: BURSA MALAYSIA DERIVATIVES BERHAD
Malayan Banking Berhad
Account No: 5-14012-01240-3
100, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
SWIFT Code No: MBBEMYKL
- Delegates shall bear any airfares, lodging or incidental costs incurred by delegates.
- The Organiser reserves the right to review and amend the currency exchange rate applied for payment, when necessary. Any changes in exchange rates will be reflected on the e-brochure and relevant pages on the website at https://em.pocmalaysia.com/ and those rates will prevail.
Delegates acknowledge and agree that the following terms shall apply in respect of any cancellation by the delegates:
- For any cancellation received by the Organiser on or before 24 August 2023, the delegate will receive a refund of the Conference Fees minus 15% as compensation for cancellation (i.e., the Conference Fees minus 15%).
- For any cancellation received after 24 August 2023, there will be no refund of the Conference Fees.
04. Cancellation or Postponement of the Conference
If, for any reason, the Conference, or any part thereof, is prevented from being held, or the Conference Venue becomes unavailable, or in the Organiser’s opinion, cancellation or postponement of the Conference or part of the Conference is necessary for the health and safety of the delegates, the Organiser may cancel or postpone the Conference or any part thereof. In such event, provided the delegate has made full payment for the Conference, the said payment may be used for a future Conference organised by the Organiser. No refunds, part refunds or alternative offers shall be made to the delegates save and except in the following exceptional circumstances:
- Cancellation of the Conference due to public health and safety concerns and/or compliance with relevant laws, regulations and/or guidelines relating to COVID-19;
- Delegates are prevented from attending the Conference as a result of epidemic control and preventative measures imposed by the government(s) of Malaysia and/or the delegates’ home country.
In the exceptional circumstances described in (a) and (b) above, the Delegate shall respond to the Organiser’s request for any information required to facilitate the refund process within the deadline stipulated in the refund communication. Failure to respond with complete information requested by the Organiser within the given deadline will result in the waiver of any right to initiate or pursue a claim related to the refund.
Save and except the provision of a refund, part refund or any alternative offers specified in this section, the Organiser shall not be responsible for delays, damages, losses, increased costs, or other unfavourable conditions arising from any cancellation or postponement of the Conference. The delegate(s) waive(s) claims for damages against the Organiser arising therefrom.
05. Change of Conference Format, Date, Speakers, Programme Content and Venue
The Organiser reserves the right to change the Conference Date, speakers, programme content and Conference Venue should circumstances so require.
The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission or remove any person from the Conference at its absolute discretion, without incurring any liability whatsoever. This will include anyone who is not fully vaccinated, in breach of the health and safety protocols implemented by the Organiser as described in section 8 of these Conference terms and conditions, deemed drunk, disorderly, under the influence of drugs other than that medically prescribed, or whose dress appearance or general behaviour is liable to disrupt persons attending the Conference.
A delegate shall immediately notify the Organiser if the delegate at any time while attending the Conference or within 7 days of attendance at the Conference experiences symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough or shortness of breath, or has a suspected, diagnosed, or otherwise confirmed case of COVID-19. Delegates acknowledge that the Organiser may take their temperature, or perform other appropriate tests, including, without limitation, requiring the administration of a COVID-19 test, which are designed to protect the health and safety of other attendees. The Organiser has the right to remove a delegate from the event for any safety reasons or if a delegate refuses any safety screenings or procedures.
07. Venue Regulations
The delegates shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Conference Venue. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations will constitute grounds for breach of the terms and conditions herein. A copy of the rules and regulations may be obtained from the Organiser.
08. Health and Safety
In light of ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 and communicable health risks more generally, the Organiser will implement health and safety protocols appropriate to the public health circumstances and requirements of the Conference venue, existing at the time of the Conference. Such protocols may include, but not limited to the following requirements: proof of full vaccination, proof of COVID-19 status, self-monitoring, symptom checkers, contact tracing, use of face masks and physical distancing, or other similar measures. Compliance with such protocols as well as all laws, regulations and guidelines with regard to public health are mandatory for in-person attendance and participation at the Conference. Additional information regarding the specific health and safety measures, and any necessary consents from delegates, will be communicated and obtained from delegates prior to or at the start of the Conference.
09. Breach of Terms and Conditions
In cases where the delegate(s) fails to observe and perform any of the terms and conditions herein, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse performance of all its obligations herein towards the delegate(s) and all Conference Fees paid by the delegate(s) to the Organiser will be forfeited. In addition, the delegate(s) shall indemnify the Organiser for all losses and damages resulting from such failure in observing or performing the terms and conditions herein.
10. Exclusion of Liability
The Organiser, its sub-contractors, agent and/or employees have the right to immediately alter or cancel the Conference or any arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating directly or indirectly to the Conference. The delegates shall not be entitled to any compensation for damages that result from such alteration or cancellation. Furthermore, neither the Organiser, its sub-contractors, agent and/or employees shall at any time be liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever, howsoever suffered by any of the delegate(s) or any loss or damage to property of any delegate(s) arising from or in connection with his/her participation in the Conference.
11. Force Majeure
The Organiser shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under the terms and conditions herein due to circumstances beyond the control and without the fault or negligence of the Organiser including war (declared or undeclared), natural disaster, acts of God, fire, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, outbreak of pandemic or epidemic and matters beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control.
12. Interpretation, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Interpretation of the terms and conditions herein lies solely with the Organiser. The terms and conditions herein shall be governed by and construed according to Malaysian law. The parties hereto hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
13. Successors in Title and Lawful Assigns
The terms and conditions herein shall be binding upon the parties, its successors in title and lawful assigns.
14. Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in all trademarks, logos relating to emPOC and to the Organiser and materials produced and/or distributed by the Organiser in connection with this Conference is expressly reserved and any unauthorised use, duplication, publication and distribution is strictly prohibited.
15. Dress Code
The dress code for the Conference is business attire. Delegates who do not adhere to this policy will be denied entry into the Conference Venue.
Only rubber studded golf shoes are permitted on the course. Proper golfing attire on the course includes - tailored pants or golf Bermuda shorts, collared polo shirts with sleeves. Dress shirt, office attire, denim jeans and track suits are strictly not permitted.
16. Photographs and Recording
By submitting the registration form for the Conference, the delegate agrees that the Organiser may take photographs and recordings (video and/or audio) of the delegate during the Conference. The Organiser shall own the intellectual property rights to the photographs and recordings captured during the Conference and may use the said photographs and recordings for educational and/or marketing purposes.
17. Promotional Materials
By submitting the registration form for the Conference, the delegate indicates his/her consent to receiving marketing messages from the Organiser and its business partners unless the delegate has informed the Organiser in writing that the delegate does not wish to receive marketing messages from the Organiser.